Hi there Blog and Friends,
I’ve created this blog to assist me in my journey towards self-discovery.
I finally have enough courage, power, and discipline to share all that I have been struggling through and overcoming these past few years of my life. I am going to be one-hundered-percent honest with you, I am going to laugh and cry with you, and I will learn and grow with you.
Authenticity, transparency and inspiration are a few emotions I hope you’ll find here, among many, many more.
Anyway, a typical day in the life of Miren (it’s actually pronounced “Meden”)
I wake up and take my pills:
- 100mg Lamictal; I was diagnosed with Bi-Polar Disorder two years ago, which due to the prevalence doesn’t need too much explaining though I will give you the back story someday, but this suposedly keeps me ‘balanced’.
- 160mg Mestinon; I was diagnosed with Myasthenia Gravis (MG) one year ago, this keeps my body functioning. MG is a neuro-muscular autoimmune disease. My body makes too many antibodies and they attack my muscles. So what happens is, when my mind tells my body to chew, drink, swallow, speak, hold, look, and any other voluntary muscle movement, it cannot make a strong connection because of those antibodies blocking the nerve signal receptors (synapses). So it makes is really difficult to eat and drink, because it’s really hard to chew and swallow, which yields choking. Plus, an eyepatch when I’m seeing double. It can be a little embarrassing at times but I make due.
- 300mg Wellbutrin; happy pills to mask all this blah I just mentioned.
Then I head to either school or work:
- I go to Grand Valley State University and am a Liberal Studies major. I love it there, it’s an amazing school. I’m still working on my emphasis, which is another reason why I’ve created this blog, I am fascinated by the human condition, consciousness, and spirit. I want to explore these things deeply.
- I work at The Frederick Meijer Gardens, which is a huge beautiful botanical gardens that what will share much more about. I am a Team Member in the Taste of The Garden’s Cafe; a delicious job.
Then I will study, read, write in my blog, and/or play with my family and friends.
That is what I’m off to do now, join my Mom, Susi, and my Dad, Ralph, for some wine and appetizers at a local restaurant.
It has been a pleasure getting acquainted with you!